Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Siblings

People always kind of go into shock when I tell them we have 7 children. I always feel like I have to justify it by mentioning that I grew up in a family with 6 kids and how much I loved it. My parents had the first four of us in five years, then to their surprise 10 years later had my sister, Susie. William is the "baby" and was born almost 3 years after Susie. My parents were 42 and 43 years old at the time. It was a dream come true to have live baby dolls to play with all of the time. By the time I was 16, I was often asked if Susie and/or William were my kids. I remember being so offended at the time.

I LOVE hanging out with my brothers and sisters (and their significant others). Whenever the out-of-towners are home, we try to go out to dinner sans kids at least once (usually more). I love rehashing memories (good and bad) and there are always several laugh out loud moments. I also love watching our kids grow up together.

I hope we always stay close.

Anyone familiar with the Dude in the Big Lebowski....
       
A lovely shade of blue...we also had matching couches to the curtains
                                           
the eighties....



Before there were 21 grandchildren....


In birth order: Tommy, Danny, me, Sarah, Susie and William.

  I think this is our original sibling shot at our annual family reunion.



December '09.. fancy dinner



Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

The Mac's House said...

Boy can I relate to this, I am the 2nd oldest of 5. Although, I am 17 years older than one of my sisters and the other sister I am 10 years older than. Of all my siblings I am closet to my sister that is 10 years apart in age from me. I do remember taking them out by myself and people asking if they were mine too.

I enjoy when I get to spend one on one time with her or get together as a group with the rest of the remaining siblings.

Loved the pics of the family, great seeing siblings together like that. It is a great model for your children as well I'm sure.

Susie said...

We will always stay close. No matter what. We're the tightest family I know. :) Love the pics, except the one where Sarah is wearing floral pants. That pic has ew written all over it.